Lentils and chicken are slow cooked with green salsa and black beans to make a creamy one pot dinner. Top it with cheddar, sour cream, cilantro and crunched up tortilla chips for the ultimate Mexican meal.
- Place lentils in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the broth over the top.
- Add in the frozen chicken. Top the chicken with the cumin, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, salsa verde and black beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut into bite size pieces. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker.
- If it needs to be thickened, stir 1 Tbsp of cornstarch together with 1 Tbsp of water until smooth in a little bowl. Stir into the slow cooker and cook on high without the lid for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Add cheese into the slow cooker.
- Serve lentils and chicken plain, in tortillas, as a dip with tortilla chips, or put it over rice or even quinoa. Top with tortilla chips, cilantro and sour cream.
Ideal slow cooker size: 5-6 quart
- Method: Slow Cooker