A slow cooker cauliflower side dish that is enveloped in a velvety mozzarella cheese sauce and topped with crispy, crumbled bacon.
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella, divided
- 3 oz bacon crumbles
- Place cauliflower florets in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Add the milk all at once and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove the pan from the heat and add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3-4 hours.
- Stir in the bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!