A low carb egg dish that has bacon, beef, cheddar and pickles. This easy quiche-like dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It reminds of the Starbucks egg bites.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce, for serving
- Heat a pan on the stove over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the beef, bacon, cream, dill pickles and cheddar cheese.
- Spray you slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. The cooking time in this recipe will vary widely depending on what size of slow cooker you use and how hot it cooks. The larger the slow cooker the quicker the eggs will cook.
- Slice the casserole and top with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American