An easy way to make carne asada! Throw everything into the crockpot and walk away. Serve the meat over small fresh soft flour tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
- 2 pounds uncooked carne asada meat
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly cooked fajita sized tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, etc.
- Add meat, soy sauce, broth, 2 Tbsp lime juice, brown sugar, cumin and ground red pepper to the slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add in the remaining 2 Tbsp of lime juice. Add plenty of salt and pepper to taste. I like to use kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon to spoon the meat into the middle of a tortilla and then top with desired taco toppings.
I bought a package of beef at Winco that was called beef carne taco meat. Ask your butcher for suggestions if you can’t find something similar.
I buy my tortillas in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. They are uncooked tortillas that you can place on a hot pan and cook within 60 seconds. They taste amazing! I like to buy the small fajita size tortillas for these street tacos.
Gluten free ideas: Double check your beef broth to be sure it is gluten free. Swanson’s Organic Beef Broth says gluten free and no msg right on the front of the box. Soy sauce is not typically gluten-free although Kikkoman brand makes a gluten-free soy sauce. Use the small corn tortillas.
I used my small 3 quart slow cooker.*
Get the Instant Pot carne asada street tacos recipe here
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: slow cooker