- 2 lbs of butternut squash (peeled and cut into cubes, I buy mine that way)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Brown sugar, optional
- Add squash to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the salt and olive oil and ground pepper over the squash. Give a little stir to evenly distribute.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Remove lid, stir and serve. (I actually sprinkled mine with a tiny bit of brown sugar just to give it a little more sweetness).
Ideal slow cooker: casserole crock