As you know, I appreciate Costco. I really like a lot of the produce that is offered there. The last time I went I saw a 2 pound bag of cubed butternut squash. Because the peeling and cutting of squash is the main reason why I don’t eat it much I decided to go for it and buy this bag of orange cubes. It was a great plan. Because although my kids and husband don’t appreciate squash much, I truly love it. I was able to make this squash in the slow cooker and then eat it for lunch for several days after.
- 2 lbs of butternut squash (peeled and cut into cubes, I buy mine that way)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Brown sugar, optional
- Add squash to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the salt and olive oil and ground pepper over the squash. Give a little stir to evenly distribute.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Remove lid, stir and serve. (I actually sprinkled mine with a tiny bit of brown sugar just to give it a little more sweetness).
Ideal slow cooker: casserole crock
- Cook Time: 3 hours
Love squash? Try these other recipes as well:
Butternut Squash Soup in the Slow Cooker
Roasted butternut squash tacos from Cookie and Kate
Stovetop Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese from Naturally Ella
How to peel, seed and cut butternut squash from Gimme Some Oven
5 Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters from Just a Taste
How to cook spaghetti squash from Eat Within Your Means
Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto from Cookie and Kate
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!