I really love anything Asian in the slow cooker. It always seems to turn out so well. I love this recipe for Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork. It is easy to get going in the crockpot in the morning and it is totally flavorful. I much prefer this pulled pork to a BBQ pulled pork! Try it instead of your regular pulled pork, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Makes 8-10 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 5-6 quart
Cooking time: 7-12 hours
2-3 lbs of pork roast (shoulder, picnic, butt, or boston cuts work well), trimmed of excess fat
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon or 1 tsp regular chicken bouillon granules
1 onion, cut into large chunky slices
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce (found by other Asian foods)
1. Place roast in the bottom of slow cooker. Pour in water and bouillon. Place onions around the roast.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-12 hours (depending how hot your slow cooker cooks)…it should be very tender and easy to shred.
3. Drain juices and discard onions.
4. Shred the meat.
5. Combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, brown sugar and oyster sauce. Pour over the shredded meat and stir.
6. Let cook of another 30 minutes or so, until flavors are blended. Serve over hot cooked rice or ramen noodles.