This is perfect for Christmas morning!
- 6-8 slices white bread (regular bread, French bread, whatever
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups medium or sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese, grated
- 1 lb ground pork sausage, browned and drained of extra grease*
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Remove the crusts of the bread and then butter one side of each slice of bread. Place bread with the butter side down in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the top of the bread. Spread the browned sausage on top of that, and top with the green chiles.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add in the milk and seasonings. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the sausage. Stir while pouring so that the seasonings are evenly distributed throughout the casserole.
- Cover well with plastic wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake (uncovered) for 50-60 minutes. The center should be set and the edges will be brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
*You can use other kinds of meat, if you prefer. Bacon, ham, pastrami, shredded chicken…whatever!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven