|Slow Cooker Beef Tostadas|
1 to 3 lbs of boneless beef roast (use a chuck roast or chuck-eye roast for best results)
1 1/2 cups green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup picante sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
(Optional) Tostada toppings: tortillas, refried beans, sour cream, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cilantro, shredded cheese
1. Place roast in slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, picante sauce, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Pour over the top of the roast.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-9 hours (depending on size of roast and size of crockpot). The meat should be easy to shred.
4. Remove the meat from the liquid and shred with two forks.
5. Pour liquid from slow cooker into a bowl and let sit. Skim fat from surface with large spoon and discard.
6. Place shredded meat back into the slow cooker and spoon desired amount of sauce over the top.
7. Make tostadas by brushing the tortillas with oil and broiling each side until crispy. Place desired toppings and beef on the tortilla and serve.
Makes 4 -12 servings (depdending on how large the roast is)
This is a great recipe if you literally have 4 minutes to prepare it in the morning before work! Throw the roast in, open a can of enchilada sauce and you’re practically done. Most recipes really require some seasoning before serving but the chili powder, cumin and garlic powder held up really well. I loved the easiness of this recipe and the flavor was fabulous. My kids ate the meat on tostadas and I served mine over a salad. Yummy yummy! 4 stars