Creamy mac and cheese made quickly and easily in your Instant Pot!
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni or cellentani noodles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz evaporated milk (you can also use cream or half and half)
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Add noodles, butter, ground mustard, salt and water to Instant Pot. Cover and make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the manual button for 3 minutes. Once the timer goes off let the pot sit for 5 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure by moving valve to “venting.”
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Stir in the evaporated milk and slowly add in the cheese while stirring constantly. In time, the sauce will thicken up and the macaroni will become coated with a creamy, cheesy sauce. Turn off the pressure cooker. Scoop macaroni into bowls and serve.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American