Peanut butter cookie bars with a plethora of chocolate chips. Eat them while their warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or eat them as a snack when their cooled.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1–2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used half mini chocolate chips and half regular)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until combined. Whisk in the peanut butter until combined.
- All at the same time add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Use a large spoon (like a spatula or wooden spoon) to fold the flour into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Serve the blondies hot with scoop of vanilla ice cream or let them cool completely in the pan for 2 hours and then cut them into squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from The America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven