- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 or 4 thick-sliced pork chops (about 1 ½ inches thick)
- 1 ⅓ cups vegetable juice
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green pepper, cored and diced
- ½ cups shredded cheese blend (I used a cheddar, provolone, mozzarella blend)
- In a small bowl stir together the onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Season the pork chops liberally on both sides with the seasoning blend (you’ll have a little leftover).
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil. Add in the pork chops. Brown on each side for 2 minutes. Move the chops out of the pot.
- Pour in the vegetable juice and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Add in the rest of the seasoning blend, Worcestershire sauce and green pepper.
- Place pork chops on top. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes then move valve to venting.
- Stir the rice. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Serve rice with a pork chop on top. Or you can slice the pork chops across the grain into bite size pieces and stir them into the rice.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot