A creamy, cheesy chicken casserole with crispy crunchy tater tots on top. You can make this casserole in the oven or in your Instant Pot with an air fryer lid.
- 2–3 cups chopped cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken (see note)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces tater tots
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and cream cheese together until creamy and smooth. Stir in the chicken, ranch dressing mix, bacon crumbles and half of the cheese.
- If cooking in your Instant Pot add the mixture into a 7×3 inch pan* or a 3 quart Instant Pot liner*.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling* and lower into the 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot*.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle the tater tots on top of the casserole. Place the air fryer lid on top of the pot and air fry for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then sprinkle the cheese on top and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can cook Instant Pot Seasoned Shredded Chicken and use it for this recipe. It is the best and easiest chicken for recipes like this. Another option is to cook a whole chicken and use some of the meat from that. I love the Instant Pot Dolly Parton Stampede Chicken. You can also hit up Costco and buy their delicious rotisserie chicken (fresh or the packaged meat) for ultimate convenience.
Oven directions: If cooking in your oven add the mixture from step 1 into an 8×8 inch square baking dish and top with the tater tots. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
Slow cooker directions: Add the mixture from step 1 into your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Cook tater tots according to package directions and toss on the top of the casserole. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and let melt.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven