- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I use frozen)*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups nacho cheese sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pickled banana peppers or pickled jalapeno peppers (if you like it spicy)
- Optional Toppings: fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, avocados, jalapeno peppers, sliced olives
- Add chicken, broth, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, nacho cheese, cumin, green chiles, black beans, and peppers in slow cooker. Give it a little stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and cut it into bite size pieces or shred it on a cutting board. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Stir and then serve with desired toppings.
*I feel like to you could definitely brown a pound of ground beef or even ground turkey and use it in place of chicken.