Love nachos? You need to try this Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese soup. It’s so easy even a kid can make it. My kids, did in fact, make this soup. It’s pretty much a dump everything in the crockpot and go type of recipe!
The best part of the soup is getting fun with all the toppings! We served ours with tortilla chips (of course this is a no brainer as it is nachos soup) and cheese and cilantro. But you could get really crazy and add jalapenos and olives and avocados and sour cream and whatever else you want!
My kids had fun with this video. We have year round school so whenever they are off track I have them make a video for me. When I showed my son the finished product he laughed and laughed at himself. He thinks he’s pretty awesome.
So have some fun and make this soup for any night of the week! It would also be a really great option for game day! Nachos in soup form…yum 🙂
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I use frozen)*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups nacho cheese sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pickled banana peppers or pickled jalapeno peppers (if you like it spicy)
- Optional Toppings: fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, avocados, jalapeno peppers, sliced olives
- Add chicken, broth, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, nacho cheese, cumin, green chiles, black beans, and peppers in slow cooker. Give it a little stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and cut it into bite size pieces or shred it on a cutting board. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Stir and then serve with desired toppings.
*I feel like to you could definitely brown a pound of ground beef or even ground turkey and use it in place of chicken.