Love nachos? You need to try this Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese soup. It’s so easy even a kid can make it. My kids, did in fact, make this soup. It’s pretty much a dump everything in the crockpot and go type of recipe!
The best part of the soup is getting fun with all the toppings! We served ours with tortilla chips (of course this is a no brainer as it is nachos soup) and cheese and cilantro. But you could get really crazy and add jalapenos and olives and avocados and sour cream and whatever else you want!
My kids had fun with this video. We have year round school so whenever they are off track I have them make a video for me. When I showed my son the finished product he laughed and laughed at himself. He thinks he’s pretty awesome.
So have some fun and make this soup for any night of the week! It would also be a really great option for game day! Nachos in soup form…yum 🙂
Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Soup
- Cook Time: 4-6 hours on low, 2-3 hours on high
- Total Time: 56 minute
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I use frozen)*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups nacho cheese sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pickled banana peppers or pickled jalapeno peppers (if you like it spicy)
- Optional Toppings: fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, avocados, jalapeno peppers, sliced olives
- Add chicken, broth, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, nacho cheese, cumin, green chiles, black beans, and peppers in slow cooker. Give it a little stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and cut it into bite size pieces or shred it on a cutting board. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Stir and then serve with desired toppings.
*I feel like to you could definitely brown a pound of ground beef or even ground turkey and use it in place of chicken.
Are you supposed to use the nacho cheese soup or the dip?
The dip 🙂
Brian Reyes says
I have decided to make this nacho cheese soup, I have left over nacho cheese, approximately 2 cups. I have a crock pot but I might use a regular pot. This recipe is for tomorrow’s dinner. Thanks
You’re welcome! Hope you like it!
Heather Kinnaird says
I was planning on slow cooker salsa chicken tonight, but now I think I have to make nacho soup!! even though it's supposed to be super HoT today, my kids would LOVE this
oh my gosh! Could your kids be any cuter? What an awesome video.
[email protected] says
Thanks Mary! I think they're pretty cute…most of the time 🙂
geri stevens says
Old El Paso makes a nacho cheese dip which comes in a small jar (don't know the ml/oz amount) but it is pretty pricey ~ $4. I wouldn't dilute anything until I saw how the dish was developing in the cooker…don't want it too watery…or maybe you do!!
hmmm, it was at the store when I made this. I'm not sure though, maybe it's gone now. I'll have to check the next time I go to the store.
Hasn't the Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup been discontinued? I haven't seen that in years.
I can not find the fiesta nacho soup from campbells but really want to make this meal. Any ideas on what I could substitute? I was thinking maybe fiesta nacho cheese in a can and maybe adding milk. Any thoughts?
this sounds great and like it would be a hit with my teens come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com