Give mom a break from cooking tonight and make this simple but delicious barbecue chicken and potato casserole.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, for garnish
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Cut the chicken breasts across the grain into strips and then cut into small bite size cubes. Add the chicken into bottom of Instant Pot. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp of the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Place the potatoes on top of the chicken, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on LOW pressure. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use a large spoon to strain off as much liquid as you can and discard it. Stir in the barbecue sauce and bacon. Stir in half the cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and let it melt. Garnish with diced green onions and serve.
Slicing against the grain: I like to slice against the grain into strips and then cut into cubes. This keeps the chicken more tender.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot