Creamy and cheesy, this grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food. I like to serve the grilled cheese sliced up into little squares in my red pepper soup.
For the roasted red pepper soup click here
For the Cream Cheese and Cheddar Grilled Cheese Croutons
- 2 slices of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Completely butter one side of each slice of bread. On the opposite side or each slice of bread spread the cream cheese.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, sprinkle the cheddar cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.
- Cut the grilled cheese sandwich into 1 inch squares. Serve the squares in a bowl of soup.