This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make this easy, cheesy white cheddar macaroni dish for dinner any day of the week. Give it some extra color and flavor with peppers, corn, sliced avocados, black beans, and olives. The best part is that it’s ready in less than 20 minutes for an fast and scrumptious meal.
If you’re anything like me, several nights of the week you’re scratching your head at 5 o’clock thinking what in the world should we have for dinner? Yes, it happens to me too. I don’t always get food into my crock pot by 10 am! I wish I did, but let’s be honest it doesn’t always happen. Enter the Horizon MAC-N-ATOR, the mac-n-cheese recipe generator that will surprise and delight your family, while making your life (a little) easier. Parents simply select the ingredients that are already sitting at home and the MAC-N-ATOR will generate a mac & cheese recipe using Horizon Mac & Cheese.
White Cheddar Pasta Shells
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 (6 oz) box Horizon Pasta Shells and White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add in the dry pasta shells and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling, dice and prepare the veggies.
- When the pasta has been boiling for 8 minutes, add in the peppers and corn. Cook for the remaining 2 minutes. Check the pasta for doneness.
- Drain pasta in colander and put back into pan.
- Add milk, butter and cheese sauce mix. Stir to combine and let the butter melt completely.
- Fold in black beans, cumin, pepper and olives, Salt to taste. Scoop into 4 individual serving plates/bowls. Top with slices of avocado. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply