Ugh. Connecticut just won the championship. Ugh.
This year the NCAA basketball tournament was a little disappointing for me. My faves (BYU and Ohio State) both went out relatively early and we were left with VCU, Butler, Kentucky and UConn in the final four. I mean who do you even cheer for? (I say Butler because they’re kind of the Cinderella team). But really, it’s kind of a let down, right?
That’s how I felt about my crockpot tournament. I was sure that everyone would feel the same way that I do about my recipes and vote accordingly. But it didn’t go that way. Some of my faves went out relatively early (like for example the Thai peanut chicken, chicken artichoke dip, creamy tortilla soup, cashew chicken, tomato basil Parmesan soup, Greek chicken pitas, garlic lime chicken, Asian chicken BBQ, tomato basil ravioli soup…). And then I was left with the final four that I couldn’t get all that excited about. I’m sorry but that’s how I felt. I mean they’re good recipes but they’re not the best recipes in my opinion.
I was expressing my disappointment to my husband last night and he just said “different strokes for different folks.” I guess he’s right. Everyone has different tastebuds and letting others try my recipes and pick a winner was all in all a good thing.
Lessons for next year:
1. Seed the brackets and even them out (it seemed like there was a lot better recipes in the A and B brackets than the C and D brackets)
2. Have a specific judging sheet for each and every round to make judging fair
3. Have judges take pictures of each and every recipe
4. Split the brackets into four different categories (beef, chicken, pork, and miscellaneous??)
5. What else???? Anybody have anything to say?
I’m tired. I’ve literally done 87 posts in the month of March.