This treat is a chocolate lovers dream. It’s creamy chocolate with a little crunch similar to a Krackel Candy Bar or Nestle Crunch Candy Bar…except WAAAAY better. I make this treat all year round, not just at Christmas! With only 6 ingredients you can whip up a batch in about 10 minutes.
I love a good chocolate dessert of any sort. I love thinking of, creating, eating, and rehashing desserts. This treat was known in my house growing up as “crunchy fudge.” It’s basically fudge with Rice Krispies in it (not the other way around…Rice Krispy treats with chocolate in it). It is totally addicting and I won’t be surprised if you need to “straighten the row” a few times. That’s a trick my mom used…”I just need to make sure this row is straight” meanwhile she’s eating a good eighth of the pan. Ha ha. Now that I’m a mom I use the same trick. We mothers have earned it, right?!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (a good brand like Ghiradelli)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In a saucepan combine the butter, chocolate chips, corn syrup and vanilla. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the salt and powdered sugar.
- Add in the Rice Krispies.
- Stir and press into a greased square pan.
- Refrigerate until set and then cut into squares and serve.
You can easily double this recipe and press into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Category: Dessert