An easy, flavorful casserole with rice, chicken, crispy fried onions and vegetables.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/3 cups French’s crispy fried onions, divided
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders or chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen veggies (I used the California style veggie mix)
- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice, ⅔ cup of the fried onions and Italian seasoning. Lay the chicken tenders on top of the rice. Pour the Italian dressing on top of the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. While the food is pressure cooking cook the bag of frozen veggies in the microwave as stated on the package.
- When time is up on the Instant Pot let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir in the bag of veggies. Top with the additional fried onions. Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American