A dump and go recipe with only 4 ingredients! Just like the cube steak and gravy your mom used to make.
- 1 (10 oz) can Campbells French Onion Soup
- 10 oz water
- 4 cubed steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (1 oz) packet Au Jus Gravy Mix
- 2–3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour soup in the Instant Pot. Fill the empty soup can with water and pour water into the pot.
- Place the steaks into the Instant Pot. Don’t stack them straight on top of each other, stagger them.
- Sprinkle the Au Jus gravy mix over the steaks.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up let the pot release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by stirring together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté setting. Stir in the cornstarch slurry to thicken up the gravy. Once gravy is thickened turn off Instant Pot (or turn it to keep warm setting).
- Serve the cube steaks with gravy.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Pour soup in the slow cooker. Fill the empty soup can with water and pour it into the pot. Add in the steaks and Au Jus gravy mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by stirring together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the cornstarch slurry to thicken up the gravy. Turn slow cooker to high. Once gravy is thickened serve the cube steaks with gravy.
If you’d like you can place a steamer basket full of peeled, cubed potatoes on top of the cubed steaks in the pressure cooker and make mashed potatoes out of them.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker