A throw everything into the pot type of dinner that comes out tasting amazing! You’re going to love the tender potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and sausage sprinkled with cheese.
- 3/4 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 oz baby carrots
- 1 small onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 8 oz package sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 12 oz package of smoked sausage, cut into cubes
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Optional: 1 bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf.
- Layer the following ingredients into the pot: carrots, onion chunks, mushrooms and then potatoes. Drizzle the olive oil on the potatoes. Lightly salt and pepper the potatoes.
- Add sausage on top of the potatoes. Then dump tomatoes into the pot. Add in Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, pepper, parsley and, if wanted, peppers.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Drain off most of the liquid. Leave some for drizzling over the top and keeping moist.
- Stir in the cheeses. Scoop onto plates and serve.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add ½ cup broth, bay leaf, carrots, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, olive oil, a little salt and pepper, sausage, tomatoes, Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, pepper, parsley and pepper into slow cooker. Toss well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Sprinkle in cheeses, serve and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker