- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp onion powder or 1 cup diced onions
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 unbaked pie crusts, rolled into 12 inch diameter (I used these, but you can make homemade if you prefer)
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add potatoes to a steamer basket and lower them into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up perform a quick release.
- Remove the steamer basket and set aside. Reserve ½ cup of the potato water. Discard the rest and wipe out the bottom of the pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute (more) setting. When display says HOT add in the pork, beef and onions (if using). Break up the meat and brown for about 10 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour the potatoes into a bowl and mash. Then stir the the mashed potatoes and reserved potato water into the meat. When water is mostly absorbed turn off the Instant Pot.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place one of the pie crusts into bottom of a pie tin. Add in the meat filling. Whisk the egg well and use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the outer edge of the pastry.
- Place the other pastry on top of the filling. Fold the top crust under the bottom crust and pinch or flute the edges. Brush the top crust with the egg wash and cut vent holes in the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use the 8 quart Instant Pot (just increase potato water to 1.5 cups).
- Category: Beef and Pork
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven