Creamy rice with a punch of flavor from cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. This rice is made quickly in your electric pressure cooker and is a great summer dinner or side dish.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth or veggie broth
- 1 ½ cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and saute for 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Add in the rice. Then dump the tomato sauce on top without stirring.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
You can try other types of rice with this dish. But you will need to change the rice and broth ratio in addition to the cooking time. Follow the green chart above.
This would be really good with some sliced up smoked sausage or you could add chicken breasts into the pot.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot