Sometimes this soup is called Tom Kha Gai or coconut galangal soup when you order it at a Thai restaurant. Don’t be scared off by the name. This is a super easy version that even a beginner cook can handle. It has the most amazing broth ever. Coconut milk, thai curry paste, lime juice and lemongrass all combine to make a soup that is surprisingly life changing.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces white mushrooms, sliced (if you love mushrooms you could add 8 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp red Thai curry paste (I used the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass stir-in paste (you can find this by the herbs in the produce section)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk (I used full fat coconut milk, the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Add chicken broth, chicken, mushrooms, curry paste and lemongrass paste into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the manual button/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Stir in the coconut milk and the juice of 2 limes. Stir in the cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot