This easy chicken teriyaki recipe uses a homemade sauce made with pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory. You can even use frozen chicken!
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts (a combination is best in my opinion)
- 1 (20 oz) can sliced pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Optional items for teriyaki bowls: cooked rice, shredded cabbage, smashed avocado, sriracha sauce
- Add chicken into the Instant Pot (frozen chicken is okay).
- Open the can of pineapple and pour ¼ cup of the juice into a bowl. Set the pineapple aside for later. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, sriracha and sesame oil into the bowl with the pineapple juice. Stir together. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Spoon the brown sugar over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 17 minutes for thawed chicken or 20 minutes for frozen chicken. When the time is up let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Shred up the chicken and then stir it into the juices.
- Serve the chicken in a bowl with rice, pineapple, smashed avocado, cabbage and a drizzle of sriracha.
Recipe adapted from Design Mom
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot