The hot dish your mom used to make with ground beef, veggies and tater tots only it’s made in the Instant Pot instead of the oven.
- 1 pound extra lean or lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcesteshire
- ¾ cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cut green beans
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained (you can also use frozen)
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 16 oz frozen tater tots
- 1–2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion. Add in garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the green beans on top of the meat. Then dump the corn on top of the beans. Scoop the mushroom soup on top of the corn. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Layer the tater tots on top of the mixture. Then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- If you have an air fryer lid place it on top of the Instant Pot. Turn the lid to 400° F and cook for 10 minutes until tater tots are crispy and cooked through. If you don’t have an air fryer lid then cook the tater tots according to package directions in the oven and then scoop on top of Instant Pot contents and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy! Salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot