Tender bites of chicken, sweet pineapple chunks and colorful bell peppers served with a sweet and sour sauce. All made in one pot, your Instant Pot.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 2 pounds breasts)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
- 2 bell peppers (I used 1 orange and 1 yellow), cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- Prepare your chicken. Blot it dry with a paper towel. Then trim off excess fat. I like to use kitchen shears. Then cut the chicken into bite size chunks.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the chicken, salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes. Then turn off the Instant Pot.
- In a bowl stir together the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and juice from the can of pineapple. Add the mixture to the Instant Pot. Add peppers and onion into the pot. Add in as much pineapple from the can as you prefer (I added in the whole can but it was a little too much, I thought).
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Stir in the brown sugar. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Serve the chicken, veggies and sauce over rice or cauliflower rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Use the same recipe for the 8 quart and halve the recipe for the 3 quart pot (same cooking time).
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot