This is hands down the easiest and fastest way to cook spaghetti squash. Spaghetti squash is a healthy, low calorie alternative to regular pasta and because it has a neutral flavor it soaks up whatever seasonings or sauce you serve with it.
- 1 small to medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- Use a paring knife to cut your spaghetti squash in half crosswise (not lengthwise).
- Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds and gunk.
- Pour a cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot.
- Place the squash halves on top of the trivet. They can face up or down. You may have to maneuver them around to fit.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual (high pressure) timer to 7 minutes. Once the timer beeps remove the pressure quickly by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and use a towel or hot pad to remove the squash. Use a fork to shred the flesh of the squash into long spaghetti-like strands. Serve the squash with any sauce or topping you enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1. I think an 8 quart Instant Pot would be even better for this recipe because you’d be able to fit a bigger squash in it.
Click here for the SLOW COOKER version of this recipe.
- Method: Instant Pot