A bed of rice covered with chicken, sauce, a pile of toppings that ends with shredded coconut. It looks like a mountain with snow on the top!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 cups water + 2 tsp better than bouillon)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2–3 Tbsp cornstarch
- For pot in pot rice: 1 ½ cups rice + 2 ¼ cups water
- Toppings: chopped almonds, pimentos, bacon crumbles, diced tomatoes, grated cheese and shredded coconut
- Add chicken and broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle the chicken with curry powder, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- If you’d like to make pot-in-pot rice add rice and water to a pan*. Cover the pan. Place a long legged trivet* into the Instant Pot on top of the chicken. Place the pan on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Carefully remove the rice pan.
- Shred the chicken. Make a cornstarch slurry. In a small bowl stir together 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Scoop rice onto a plate. Top with chicken and sauce mixture. Top with all desired toppings, ending with coconut.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot