Chicken thighs in a savory gravy that you’ll want to lick off the plate!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp sage
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- ¼ cup half and half or evaporated milk
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles
- Salt and pepper
- Trim excess fat off of chicken thighs.
- Rub the chicken on both sides with the onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Pour water, beef and chicken bouillon and soy sauce into the Instant Pot. Add chicken into pot evenly.
- Cover and secure the lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for fresh chicken or 15 minutes for frozen. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Place chicken on a plate.
- In a glass measuring cup whisk the melted butter with a tablespoon of flour at a time until smooth and creamy. Add in the half and half slowly and whisk well.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture and stir until gravy has thickened. Stir in the bacon and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve gravy over the chicken and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot