Smoked sausage, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, orzo and parmesan cheese cooked quickly in your pressure cooker. This meal is loaded with flavor and is a dump and go one pot meal.
- 12 ounces quartered mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Evenly layer the mushrooms and smoked sausage in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the orzo evenly and then pour in the water. Then evenly add in the peppers, diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, onion powder, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When the time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting.
- Stir. It will be a little runny at first but then thicken up.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and top each dish with 2 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
The peppers get a little soft even with just a 1 minute cooking time. If you want them semi-cooked (not soft not crisp) you can place them in a foil packet and then place the packet on top of the ingredients. After the food has cooked open the packet and stir the diced peppers into the pasta.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian