Chicken is pressure cooked quickly or slow cooked and then tossed with the best chicken salad dressing to make a fantastic topping for a bed of lettuce, a bun or croissant.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- Optional: 1 cup halved grapes (green or purple)
- Optional: 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Cook the chicken
- For the Instant Pot. Place chicken in Instant Pot and pour in the water. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes (or 12 minutes for frozen chicken). Let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Place the chicken on a cutting board and roughly chop it. (I used this chopper* and it worked great.) Put the chicken in an airtight container and set in the fridge to cool. Discard the water in the pot.
- For the Slow Cooker. Place chicken in the slow cooker and pour in the water. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the lid. Place the chicken on a cutting board and roughly chop it. (I used this chopper* and it worked great.) Put the chicken in an airtight container and set in the fridge to cool. Discard the water in the slow cooker.
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl stir together the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop. Chop and prepare the green onions, celery, grapes and almonds.
- Stir it all together. Once chicken is cooled stir everything all together until chicken is well coated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Serve the chicken on a bed of lettuce, on buns or on croissants.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
This recipe can be gluten free. Frozen buns can be found in the freezer section at most grocery stores. Also, Chick-fil-A has delicious, moist, gluten-free buns that they will sell for around $1 if you want to go that route.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just chicken salad)
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 38 g