A sloppy joe and macaroni and cheese mash-up meal! Top it with chopped dill pickles for a fun, crunchy twist.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 green or red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz dry macaroni or cavatappi pasta
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and onion. Break up the beef and brown it for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic powder, salt, pepper and bell pepper. Stir. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot clean so that nothing is sticking. Sprinkle in the pasta in an even layer and gently press to submerge.
- In a bowl, stir the brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce together. Pour the mixture over the top of the pasta. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Stir in the cheddar and the pickles.
- Scoop onto plates or in bowls and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot