A throw-everything-into-the-pot type of soup that turns out so yummy! This vintage soup recipe can be made in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 3 small to medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the diced onion. Brown for about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 Tbsp of the taco seasoning. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the remaining taco seasoning, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, beans and tomato soup (don’t stir).
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Taste test and add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat a pan on the stove over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 Tbsp of the taco seasoning. Add to the slow cooker.
- Stir the broth, remaining taco seasoning, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, beans and tomato soup into the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Taste test and add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker