A compilation of random ingredients like ground beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots that ends up tasting really amazing together! Try this easy Instant Pot recipe for dinner tonight!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water + 1 tsp better than bouillon)
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice, converted rice or jasmine rice
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 Tbsp minced onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1–2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes and then drain off any excess grease. Stir garlic salt into the beef.
- Pour broth into Instant Pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Add potatoes on top in one layer. Then add in the carrots and cabbage. Sprinkle the onion flakes, pepper, salt, garlic powder, dry mustard, celery seed, chili powder, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce on top. Dump the tomato sauce over everything.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Gently stir. Add in the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot