A beefy savory casserole with potatoes, green beans and cheddar cheese. The flavors from shepherd’s pie made with a super easy, one-pot method.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound yellow or red potatoes, cut into cubes (skins off or on)
- ½ pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed (or you can use canned, see note)
- 1 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the onions. Brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Then turn off the Instant Pot. Stir in the tomato paste, worcestershire, salt, garlic powder and oregano. Then add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so there is no stuck on food.
- Add in the yellow potatoes and then top with the green beans.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheddar and then scoop onto plates and serve.
If you prefer, you can use canned green beans instead of fresh. Don’t add the beans until after the food has pressure cooked. Just drain the green beans and stir them in along with the cheese. They’ll warm through quickly.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American