If you love rotisserie-style chicken you need to make this chicken! It’s super tender and moist. My husband said to me, “I think this is the best chicken you’ve ever made.”
- 4–5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts (you can use all thighs or you can use a mix of thighs and breasts)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Put chicken in the Instant Pot. My chicken was 3 totally frozen blocks of chicken. Add in the water, bouillon, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and pepper.
- Secure the lid and turn the sealing vent to “sealed”.
- Press the manual button and adjust the time to 30 minutes (if frozen in a solid block like mine)/ 25 minutes (if frozen in individual breasts/thighs)/ 22 minutes if not frozen.
- Once the timer beeps let it sit for 10 minutes and then turn the valve from “sealing” to “quick pressure release.” Remove the lid and then remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred or cut the chicken.
- Eat as is or use in recipes that call for cooked chicken. Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
My pressure cooker took almost 25 minutes to come to pressure since the chicken was frozen solid. Then it took 30 minutes to cook. And then 10 more for the pressure to release naturally. So total time from start to finish was around 70 minutes.
I used a 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.