Ravioli is cooked in a marinara sauce with Italian sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and spinach for a super fast and easy one pot meal.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Beef Base)
- 1 (25 oz) bag frozen ravioli
- 1 (24 oz) can or jar of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperonis, cut into quarters (or you can use mini pepperonis)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 3 cups fresh or frozen spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When it is heated up add in the sausage. Brown the sausage in the pot. Deglaze the pot with the beef broth.
- Lay the ravioli on top of the sausage and broth. Pour the marinara sauce over the top of the ravioli. Don’t stir. Add in the pepperonis on top of the sauce.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Press the manual button or pressure cook button and set the timer to 1 minute.
- When the timer beeps indicating the time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to “venting.” If any foam comes out move the valve back to sealing and wait 20 seconds before trying again.
- Remove the lid when you can. Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the spinach. When spinach cooks down a bit (it will literally take one minute) then serve the ravioli. Enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*
Italian sausage: I used a ground mild Italian sausage but if you like it spicy you could opt for hot sausage.
Beef broth: I didn’t have any beef broth at my house so I used 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of Better than Bouillon* Beef Broth.
Ravioli: I used a package of frozen ravioli but you could also use a package of fresh ravioli.
Sauce: I used a can of marinara spaghetti sauce. You could get fancy and use a jar of sun dried tomato alfredo or tomato basil sauce or anything that catches your eye in the pasta aisle.
Pepperonis: I used half a package of pepperonis and cut them into quarters. You could also buy a package of the mini pepperonis.
Spinach: I ran out of fresh spinach so I just used a bit of frozen spinach. I just stirred it in and it worked great.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot