An easy 6 ingredient dump and go chicken recipe that is cheesy and creamy and addicting!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (frozen is okay)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel (I used mild)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- Add chicken into Instant Pot and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Add in water and dump the Rotel on top of the chicken. Dump the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for thawed chicken or 18 minutes for frozen chicken. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move chicken to a cutting board.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Stir the sauce to incorporate the cream cheese. Add in the cheese. Stir cornstarch and water together until smooth. Add the cornstarch slurry into the pot to thicken the sauce. Once sauce is thickened turn off the Instant Pot.
- Slice or shred the chicken. Serve the chicken and sauce with tortilla chips or over rice. Top with cilantro and diced fresh tomatoes, if desired.
- Add chicken, taco seasoning, rotel and cream cheese to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred or slice the chicken. Stir the sauce.
- Add in the cheese. Stir cornstarch and water together until smooth. Add the cornstarch slurry into the slow cooker to thicken the sauce. Turn to high and let it thicken for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with tortilla chips or over rice. Top with cilantro and diced fresh tomatoes, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Use the 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
What is Rotel? Rotel is diced tomatoes with green chilies. I usually buy the mild version instead of the original but if you like a little kick choose the original.
Can I use a different type of cheese? Yes! Try sharp cheddar, smoky pepper jack, colby jack or others. The more sharp and flavorful cheese the more flavor the sauce will have.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot