Hearty steel cut oats are cooked with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice quickly in your electric pressure cooker to make a comforting breakfast perfect for a chilly fall morning.
- 1 cup steel cut oatmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients into your Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes.
- When 4 minutes is up then let the pot sit there for an additional 15 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Stir the oatmeal and scoop into serving bowls. Top with milk or cream.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This keeps well in the fridge for at least 3-4 days. Store in an airtight container.
To make gluten free: Oats do not naturally contain gluten but are often cross contaminated in the fields they’re grown in. Be sure to use certified gluten-free steel cut oats. Bobs Red Mill is a common brand.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (1/4 cup dry)
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: oatmeal, breakfast