Only 3 ingredients! Whole wheat, healthy and tasty chocolate chip pancake bites made in your Instant Pot!
- 3/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes mix
- 3/4 cup water
- Chocolate chips
- In a bowl whisk together the pancake mix and the water until combined.
- Spray a silicone egg bite mold* with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of batter into each mold.
- Sprinkle 5 chocolate chips into each mold. Use a toothpick to “stir” the chocolate chips in.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of the Instant Pot. Place a paper towel on top of the egg bite mold. Place the egg bite mold on a trivet/sling and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes. Release any remaining pressure by moving valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the sling, mold and paper towel. Place a plate on top of the mold and invert the bites onto the plate.
- Serve immediately with syrup.
To add extra protein into your pancake bites, stir a scoop of vanilla protein powder into the batter. You can also use milk instead of water in the batter. Add an egg for even more nutrition.
I have not tried doubling the recipe and stacking 2 egg bite molds on top of each other. I imagine it would work. Cover the pan on the bottom with foil.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1 pancake bite
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 81.4 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2.1 mg