A gooey, caramelly praline pecan cobbler dessert that will blow your socks off. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream it tastes like heaven in your mouth.
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup praline pecans (divided) see note below
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- For serving: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Pour the melted butter in the bottom of a 7 inch cake pan*. Sprinkle 1 cup of the pecans evenly over the butter.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine, but don’t over-mix. Scrape the batter out of the bowl and spread it evenly over the pecans.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the batter.
- Pour boiling water over the top of the brown sugar. Don’t stir.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Loosely top the pan with a square of foil to prevent drippage on the top of the cobbler. Lower the cake pan into the bottom of your Instant Pot with a trivet or sling*.
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 28 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up perform a quick release or let it sit for 5 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Optional: remove the foil and place the cobbler under your oven’s broiler for 3 minutes to brown up the top of the cake a little.
- Top the cobbler with the rest of your pecans. Scoop servings out and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Praline Pecans are pecans that are coated in a sweet and crunchy coating. I found a can of praline pecans are Smith’s (Kroger). They were with the other jarred nuts and were the Private Selection brand. They are super tasty!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Southern