Pork is cooked until fork tender with chili garlic sauce and a secret ingredient. The meat is added to a bowl with shredded cabbage, quinoa, diced green onions and finally topped with a drizzle of sriracha. This makes a beautiful and delicious summer meal.
- 2 lbs pork carnitas meat or pork shoulder or pork butt or pork blade, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- Diced green onions, for garnish
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Sriracha, optional
- Place the pork in the Instant Pot. Pour in the soda.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the top of the pork.
- Cover the Instant Pot. Turn valve to sealing. Press the manual button and set the timer for 45 minutes. It should be on high pressure.
- While the meat is cooking prepare the other ingredients. Toss the grated carrot and the cabbage together. Cook the quinoa, if you need to. Dice up the green onions.
- When the timer beeps, let the pressure release for at least 10 minutes naturally before switching the valve to venting. Remove the meat and shred. Add it back into the pot and stir in with the juices.
- Place a scoop of cabbage/carrots in a bowl, top with 1/3 cup of quinoa, some pork and top with green onions and sriracha (if desired).
For this Instant Pot Pork Quinoa Cabbage Bowls recipe I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 .
- Method: Instant Pot