A classic chicken and rice casserole that has an updated method of cooking…in the Instant Pot.
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken (or other cream of soup)
- 4 cups cooked and chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice (or other type of rice, see note)
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. Use a hand mixer to mix until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice evenly. Scoop the creamy chicken mixture over the top, don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top. Scoop onto plates and serve.
You can also make this with another type of rice. See the green chart above for info on liquid to rice ratios and how long to cook.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot