This loaded mashed potato casserole is so good you’ll win everyone over with it…even your mother-in-law!
Equipment needed: steamer basket and air fryer lid (or oven)
- 2 ½ pounds mix of red and yellow potatoes, cut into cubes
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Add potatoes to a steamer basket and lower the basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When the time is up move the valve to venting to release pressure, remove the lid.
- Move the steamer basket out of the pot and set aside. Dump the water out of the pot and dry it out.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Add in the butter and the milk and let the butter melt. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the potatoes and mash until creamy. Stir in the salt, ricotta cheese, egg yolk and half of the bacon. Use a spatula to spread the potatoes smooth into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and then the rest of the bacon.
- Use the air fryer lid to bake the casserole at 350° F for 7 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can add potatoes into a baking dish and bake at 375° F for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid