Tender chicken with bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce. A fun Chili’s copycat recipe, Instant Pot style!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken breasts cutlets on top of the trivet without stacking directly on top of each other. Stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken evenly.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a plate. Remove the trivet and dump out the water. Place chicken back into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Baste the chicken with BBQ sauce, sprinkle with the bacon pieces, sprinkle the cheese on top. Cover the Instant Pot and keep on the warm setting for 3 minutes, until cheese is melted (or use an air fryer lid). Serve chicken topped with tomatoes and green onions.
A chicken cutlet is a chicken breast that has been cut in half horizontally to make two thinner pieces. I bought the chicken like this at the grocery store. They were about a half inch thick.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot