A hearty meal of beef stew meat, creamy sauce, vegetables and biscuit dumplings.
- 1 pound beef stew meat (or chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp better than bouillon beef base
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (12 to 16 oz) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk or 1 ½ cups half and half
- Add stew meat, water, bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika, onion flakes and Worcestershire into Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 17 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Dump the frozen veggies on top and then cut each of the biscuits into 4 pieces with kitchen shears. Drop the biscuits on top of the veggies. Cover Instant Pot and set valve to sealing. Set manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pressure release naturally for 10-15 minutes and then move valve to venting.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Stir in the evaporated milk. The biscuit pieces will cause the sauce to thicken in just 3-4 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot