Creamy garlic mashed potatoes topped with gruyere cheese. Tastes like a million bucks!
- 5–6 medium red or russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere or fontina cheese
- Chives, for garnish
- Wash potatoes and, if desired, peel them (I kept my peels on). Add 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place potatoes on top of trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add the hot potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add in the butter, cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use a hand mixer to mix the potatoes until creamy (do not overmix or they’ll turn out gummy). You can also mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Spread the potatoes into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Use an air fryer lid to bake at 350° F for 7 minutes until cheese starts to brown.
- Garnish with chives and serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid